Meet Your Coaches
Dave Thomas is the founder of the The Foundry, one of the most renowned health and fitness companies in London delivering personal training, education, and events and Co-Owner of City Strongman which uses equipment and exercises from the world of strongman training and athletic performance to offer affordable, results based group training.
As one of London's leading personal trainers, Dave has also accumulated over 10,000 personal training hours with a diverse range of clients including city professionals, celebrities and professional athletes and as such he is in demand as a fitness writer and speaker.
Dave is a founding trustee and fitness coach for The School of Hard Knocks the social inclusion charity which helps unemployed people improve their confidence and find work.
And now, we are pleased to announce that Dave is also now one of our Rugby Strength Academy Performance Coaches and we're thrilled to have him on board.
TJ Jankowski is a former international rugby player for Poland rugby, who achieved their highest world ranking of 23 whilst he was part of the team.
Never the most talented player, he attributes the majority of his success to the hard work he put in at the gym, kitchen and training paddock. It was this reward from hard work that led him to become a coach and help other achieve greater success than he could.
TJ now works as an expert Personal Trainer in the Middle East, coaching heavy lifting and personalised nutrition to help a wide scope of clients achieve their goals in a sustainable manner.
A competitive weightlifter himself, he also has a keen eye to help others perfect their technique, particularly in the olympic lifts. Having said all that, he prides himself on creating programmes and nutrition that work in the real world, not with robots.
TJ has worked with international rugby players from 4 different continents and we are thrilled to announce that he can help you as part of the Rugbydump Academy.
Alex Miller is a self-confessed sports science and strength and conditioning nerd as well as a full time strength coach. He's played rugby union and league in the national leagues (in the UK and New Zealand) and messed around with touch rugby at the international level.
Whilst combat and collision sports, in particular rugby, are his passion his expertise has him working with huge variety of athletes from local teams through up and coming dancers to world championship level tri-athaletes. Outside of his work with athletes most of Alex's time is spent running seminars for and coaching the other strength coaches, physios and personal trainers in his area.
A lover of research he will be the first to admit that the vast majority of his knowledge of this is based around improving performance, getting stronger and more powerful, rather than dieting for vanity purposes or the hard mental aspect of dieting..
Alex's approach to training is all about using building blocks. Build a strong base, consolidate and then build on that.
Please read each and every word on this page before applying below.
Did you know that for less than the cost of a personal trainer at your gym (who is not nearly as motivating, good looking, or intelligent as us), you can become a coaching client of one our Rugbydump Academy experts?
Why is this awesome news?
It means that after reviewing your application, which will help us determine specifically what your needs, goals, and dreams are, we will then begin an exciting mission: To help you crush those goals, while customizing every single step to your training age, body type, position, level of rugby, play style, strengths & weaknesses, injury history, target weight, and availability-- whether you can train twice per week or twice per day.
The top three reasons people fail…
Information overload. More info is not the answer.
In fact, we believe more info can HOLD YOU BACK from achieving your goals in rugby training.
How so? Three reasons:
Paralysis by analysis. There is currently too much info available. After being in the industry for 10+ years, most guys are confused more than ever. People are majoring in the minors, experiencing goal hijacking daily, chasing conflicting goals at the same time, and there are simply too many cooks in the kitchen -- which is a quick formula for failure.
No Blood in the Game
No blood in the game. When was the last time you really put something at stake? The BEST results have ALWAYS come with a price. Why? Because you cannot afford to invest without experiencing a positive return on investment. Free programmes are self-sabotaging because you have nothing at stake if you fail.
Getting a bunch of information at once ironically makes learning and doing much more difficult - because none of the information is organized or customized to your personal goals, body type and needs, resulting in uncertainty of the methods and a half-assed effort in the gym and kitchen. Generic programming for the masses will produce zero results.
Our coaches refuse to let you stop until you achieve your goal.
It's time to get focused on your #1 goal over the next 12 weeks. It's time to make things happen. We'll keep you focused on one thing and one thing only -- the very next step, which is the MOST IMPORTANT factor.
As we move from phase to phase, you'll discover the workout and diet programming most effective for your body type, so you gain control of keeping and progressing your body beyond your wildest imagination.
Every single week we work together, you'll have a customized training and diet programme individualized to you.
We do NOT believe in a one-size-fits-all approach you can find for free…
Every weekly workout is CUSTOMIZED to you.
- Everyone has a unique training preference they respond best to. This applies to exercise selection, volume, intensity, density, rest periods and rate of progression. It also includes the way your body parts are split up. No one split can be said to be holy grail because so much is dependent on individual preferences. Plus, if you're a science buff, feel free to ask us about the science and logic behind every component.
Every weekly meal plan is CUSTOMIZED to you.
- Doesn't it suck when you're training hard and not sure if you're consuming the right number of calories or if your macros are set up properly? With us, that'll never happen again. Instead, imagine waking up every morning and heading into the kitchen to see your meal plan telling you exactly how much and when to eat! Every meal is customized to your level of leanness, eating schedule, food preferences, and goals. Plus, you'll be able to get every single question you ever had on nutrition answered!
Every supplement phase is CUSTOMIZED to you.
- Whether you want to invest $50 or $500 a month on supplements, you're in control. We all specialize in removing body fat via specific nutrients and doses to help you get faster results with less effort. What this means is that while one meathead does two hours a day of cardio to get lean, we'll give you a few supplement recommendations to correct deficiencies stalling fat loss, without the cardio. Again, we'll make our recommendations on your body's highest needs and your budget so you can feel confident that your supplement budget is going toward products that actually matter to your goals.
Each week, you'll receive a completely new workout programme based on your goals and progression and feedback. With unlimited email support, you'll always be just an email away from any necessary adjustments.
Please Read This 10 Point Checklist Before Applying Below:
- Yes! I understand there is a minimum three month commitment to start and can cancel anytime after
- Yes! I understand that my training and nutrition plan will be tailored to my work and rugby schedule
- Yes! I understand Rugbydump will match me with the coach that is best suited to my needs
- Yes! I understand my coach will personally answer any and all of my questions via email within 48 hours
- Yes! I understand my coach will expect 90% compliance from me or they can let me go
- Yes! I understand that I must make myself available to train 4-10 times per week for MAXIMUM optimal gains and workouts will range from 20-90 minutes. My coaches work around any current limitations
- Yes! I understand the monthly investment is about the same price as a one hour personal training session (with someone who doesn't know what a rugby specialist knows) and will never increase
- Yes! I understand that I will be training with professionals who do not accept excuses or complaints. I understand my coaches will only accept EFFORT, DEDICATION, SUCCESS, and RESULTS!
- Yes! I understand that my coach is every bit as dedicated toward me achieving my results as I am!
- Yes! I am sure that I can afford this Private 1-1 Coaching Programme and believe that this investment will pay me back ten fold in the years to come. This is something that I really want to do now, and I will gratefully invest in my confidence, my health, my future, my education, and my rugby career!
With this understood, please fill out the form below and we'll get back to you within 1-2 days.